Now XML::RSS::LibXML supports content namespace and I fixed preprocessor so it adds in-feed controls to both <description> and to <conten:encoded> so those feeds that use it will look fine once updated.
Now I got into trouble because of better parser. Just updated a parser library and it started to handle namespaces better then it did before so readers that use <content:encoded> when it exists are not showing “share” buttons anymore…
Will fix from home today
I had to add
DateTime::TimeZone::Alias->set( MSK => 'Europe/Moscow' );
to the code cause MSK is not recognized by DateTime::TimeZone module be dafault.
More stuff to research:
- list of timezones – http://www.worldtimezone.com/wtz-names/timezonenames.html
- list of available Perl modules: http://datetime.perl.org/?Modules
Do some design work as early as possible – first of all you’ll be able to show it to somebody and they will be able to judge it (nobody gets geeky ideas behind your product anyway) and second it’s great for your morale – design affects everybody and even someone who can see all details of your idea without even looking at the monitor (that’s you).
Now I need to CSS-size the rest of the pages.
Users can add feeds now. First version is ready – it’s still under feedfriends domain (will need to create cross-domain session somehow) but works.
Users will need to wait until next feed fetching iteration for this feed for item to be regenerated – will need to move fetching and item linking into Feed class so we can call it from web interface to regenerate at once.
BTW, I updated Feed.Preprocessor so it’s even too smart – it has three levels of preprocessing configuration: global, per-user and per-user-per-feed. We’ll use global for now untill interface for more granular configuration is created. Maybe per-user will come sooner when In-feed.controls interface will be added.
Also Feed.Preprocessor has some simple code separation – it should be moved to separate classes so it can be completely extendable withut main code rewriting.